Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morels are all that I feel confident in picking for my consumption. A few more weeks here, and they’ll be popping. A lady friend picks oyster mushrooms. They are delicious, but I can’t identify them well enough.
lions mane is a safe one , nothing else looks like it . these get huge too , I picked one a couple of years ago the size of a soccer ball .
images

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I ride my bike around, I see gooseberries, choke cherries, wild asparagus, wild raspberries and such. There are some edible mushrooms in the state, which I've eaten and living in the mountains I would harvest the piñon nuts, which if I didn't bring some to work underground in the mine to munch on somebody seemed to have some to share. We have many of these Eurasian doves around now which is an ever increasing evasive species with no bag limit. I've checked out some recipes online on how to cook those squabby buggers up.
I think when I retire I'm gonna be a hunter-gather, as one of my hobbies.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ticndig

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chicken of the woods is popping in central Va . I found one at the base of an oak stump on Sunday and fried it up . it was the best tasting thing I had all week. ate a few blackberries today and scouting out the paw paws.

OP
OP
ticndig

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks , they're popping in central Va .

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
With all the rain we've had this summer the mushrooms are doing very well in my forest.
I went out today and picked some Black Trumpets ,many small ones to be picked in the days to come. View attachment 1859071
way better than bland store bought Mushrooms.

Do any of you forage for wild edibles ? it's a great hobby to go along with relic hunting frim

in south La, however I can tell you
With all the rain we've had this summer the mushrooms are doing very well in my forest.
I went out today and picked some Black Trumpets ,many small ones to be picked in the days to come. View attachment 1859071
way better than bland store bought Mushrooms.

Do any of you forage for wild edibles ? it's a great hobby to go along with relic hunting .
Never considered that tic. I know that mushrooms grow like crazy in south La, just don’t know what kind. I know one thing, I cooked in restaurants for a good part of my life, and this one I remember a duck dish that incorporated trumpets. They were not cheap. Thanks for the idea.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread