Football Field Hunt #1 Brings In Some Silver

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I managed to get out this morning to search a private football field I was given permission to hunt. I'd hunt for awhile, then it would rain for awhile, I'd hunt for awhile, And it would rain again. This went on all morning. I had to pass up some targets because this is the best kept field around, and they don't want any digging in it. It is that real thick grass like on golf courses, even to wedge something out is difficult. So, a lot of the targets that I normally would have dug, I had to pass by. I don't mind, I know there will be some good finds because this field is used by people with LOTS of money. A field for the elite you might say. I did manage to come away with some clad, part of an old pin, an old button, and a nice Mexican .950 silver pendent with some sort of stone in it. It was nice just to get back out with all this rain we've been having. It was even better to be working the fields again.

Attachments

• school2.JPG
    school2.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 656
  • 1st Hunt 1.JPG
    1st Hunt 1.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 659
  • 1st Hunt 2.JPG
    1st Hunt 2.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 663
  • school 950.JPG
    school 950.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 665
Upvote 0
stoney56 said:
piggman, nice going! Looks like quite a busy day on the clad. 8) If I'm not mistaken, the stone in that sweet pendant (Congrats BTW) may be a carnelian.

http://www.crystal-cure.com/carnelian.html

As long as it guards against poverty we will be doing OK. Thanks for the link.

piggman1 said:
stoney56 said:
piggman, nice going! Looks like quite a busy day on the clad. 8) If I'm not mistaken, the stone in that sweet pendant (Congrats BTW) may be a carnelian.

It may even help with back pain from over digging but I won't swear to the other properties claimed. ;D

"Folklore suggests that carnelian was used protect the traveler after death and guard against evil. Carnelian's healing properties are thought to help purify the blood, relieve menstrual cramps and back pain. It is also thought to be beneficial in the treatment of infertility and is worn to enhance passion and desire."

Congratulations looks like a very nice haul, and with much more ground to cover I think many nice things in store for you. Or atleast I hope so.

There is a great old football field here where I live as well, but sadly it has been flooded a great many times so most good finds have been washed away from years of flooding.

Well, good luck on the rest of that hunt. Hope to see you add some gold jewelry and silver coinage to your collection.

Rev

stoney56 said:
piggman1 said:
stoney56 said:

It may even help with back pain from over digging but I won't swear to the other properties claimed. ;D

"Folklore suggests that carnelian was used protect the traveler after death and guard against evil. Carnelian's healing properties are thought to help purify the blood, relieve menstrual cramps and back pain. It is also thought to be beneficial in the treatment of infertility and is worn to enhance passion and desire."

Finally, something to relieve my menstrual cramps, I didn't think I would ever find anything that could do that. Infertility was taken care of years ago, and if it enhances my passion and desire, I'm in real trouble now. :D :D :D

Postalrevnant said:
Congratulations looks like a very nice haul, and with much more ground to cover I think many nice things in store for you. Or atleast I hope so.

There is a great old football field here where I live as well, but sadly it has been flooded a great many times so most good finds have been washed away from years of flooding.

Well, good luck on the rest of that hunt. Hope to see you add some gold jewelry and silver coinage to your collection.

Rev

I think I would still check it out. It takes a pretty good flow of water to move gold. It just might be buried a little deeper.

:D As always Dave. You are the Man when it comes to Sliver, I think you have a nose for it. By the way, you gota keep the hat, that's just not you with out it! HH

Desertfox and his Ladyfox

Very nice haul, WTG!!!
Nice looking pendant too...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

OK..those are some really nice finds there, PM, but what about that button!!! 8) No one except Ridley has noticed that button!! :o Appears to be a REALLY old button. I found one that I think looks a bit like it....what do ya think? Does it have a little 'hair bob' thing going on?

pigsbutton.jpg
buttonfixed.jpg

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,50352.0.html

LOVE that button you found, PM! ;)

Nana

Looks like a great spot!! Hopefully gold is hidden there!!

Nana40 said:
OK..those are some really nice finds there, PM, but what about that button!!! 8) No one except Ridley has noticed that button!! :o Appears to be a REALLY old button. I found one that I think looks a bit like it....what do ya think? Does it have a little 'hair bob' thing going on?

pigsbutton.jpg
buttonfixed.jpg

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,50352.0.html

LOVE that button you found, PM! ;)

Nana

I really don't know anything about buttons, but here are some pics after it was cleaned up a little.

Attachments

• button 1.JPG
    button 1.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 249
  • button2.JPG
    button2.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 237
General Service Eagle Button! ;)

{Sentinel} said:
General Service Eagle Button! ;)

Thanks, I just knew it was a neat button.

Look'a there! ;) No 'bobby thing', but a dang awesome button, PM! ;)

wow, there is alot more area to hunt there, just think if you did the whole thing in one day, that would be over 500 coins if you could keep the average the same there is about 8 sections like the one you hunted, wtg piggman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back