What's new

For the Bullet Experts

Bigcypresshunter

Sapphire Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2004
Messages
27,124
Reaction score
3,351
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This may be an easy one for Monty and the bullet experts. It appears to be a 30-06 but I cant read the markings. It appears to say NORM Re. I may be missing some letters. Found where I work in a area used from 1920 - present. Is it Remington? How old?
 

Attachments

  • MVC-007S.webp
    MVC-007S.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 228
  • MVC-006S.webp
    MVC-006S.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 208
Upvote 0
I believe when Norma began exporting ammunition components to the U.S. in the 50's the boxer primed shell casings were stamped Norma Re....for reloadable. The Military cartridges were stamped Norma N.....non-reloadable...usually berdan primed. (two flash holes). That said...I'd wager sometime in the 50's and later.
Its pretty heavily corroded....salt water...septic pit?

TiredIron
 
Upvote 0
Hunters casing. 50's-60's sounds about right. There wouldnt be any shooting allowed at the entrance to this National Park after that. Im calling it solved.
 
Upvote 0
A little late, but I think it is stamped 30.06? Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom