For the love of detecting.....

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are day's that I don't get diddly-squat while detecting and there are day's that are good.....but no matter what, I always enjoy being outside in this beautiful United States of America. And there are days that I so appreciate being the solitude and quietness except for the sounds of nature. Some mornings I just watch the sun come over the horizon and feel so lucky to be here. Life is good. Happiness to all :smileinbox:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amen to that.I think alot of us including myself on many ocassions take to much for granted.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wyomimng is an awesome state and one of the 3 states I am seriously considering moving to very soon.....
Yes this is an awesome country........

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I preferred to hunt with partners. As time has passed I more and more find myself hitting it alone. Dealing with the public is a task I do enjoy as a rule, but the alone time that the metal detecting gives me has become very important. Without a long story I suffered a really severe back injury a few years back and nearly lost a leg. I am doing better now than anyone ever dreamed I would. Literally back to doing almost everything I did before, but with one requirement. Lot's of walking and exercise. The metal detecting has been an important part of recovery and maintaining health. I am an avid deer, and coyote hunter but more and more I like the ease of being able to go anytime of the day and for as long or short a period as I see fit while metal detecting. Hard to beat an evening in the fields and woods along the TN River for a little get away time. Blessed to live in the beautiful state of Tennessee.:laughing7:

OP
OP
Lady Pirate

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TNGUNS- glad to hear that you are getting better. Yes the solitude of detecting is where you can think or not think. It's just so relaxing. I used to go dear hunting in Michigan. And being alone while doing that is also grand. You can hear your own heartbeat. I don't think I'll pick up that kind of hunting again here in Wyoming. I have too much other things to keep me so busy. Sewing, quilting. painting, scrap booking. crocheting, geneology hunting, jewelry making, and chocolate candy making, plus other crafting. I can't wait for ice fishing to get here. Good luck with your health and hunts!

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lady Pirate, several of my closest friends are on the road as we speak coming back from Wyoming. They spent the week Pronghorn and Elk (cow only) hunting. I have never gotten to go with them, but definitely a trip that is on my "bucket list". :wave:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread