For those who clean by electrolosis

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The steel wire that is connected to the piece for rust removal, what kind of steel wire. I dont want to use the wrong kind. Dont know if galvanized is bad. I do know that stainless is bad. What is the best? Can copper wire be used? First time doing this. I am following woodworker plan for the devise.

Copper wire is fine ........

I use mild steel tie wire. It works well on what's I've used. Not sure on coin use. I know certain metals will cause coins to turn colors like silver to copper and copper to silver

Copper Wire to the Piece u are cleaning, or Copper hooked to a plated (or Not) Copper/Brass Alligator Clip.

You can use many things for your Sac, Anode , I prefer Stainless , but it has it's "Haters".

I have used the same 3 Stainless Rod's in my 4 gallon bucket for 4 years now (tho they are 5 inches shorter now) & cleaned an Estimated 70-90 pieces From the size of square Nails to large Ax Heads.

GL & Try to wear gloves , tho I don't & there seems to be nothing wrong with Killing Taliban leaders wherever we find them ,
Would love to see some video tho.....Wait what was I talking about???

I prefer stainless as my anode as well, I just avoid setting my tank up inside my workshop and I don't stair too long with my face over it. It can be harmful in big operations but small time conservation tanks like mine have proved to be not of any concern. I use copper wires for attachments but they need replacing after several uses.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back