For those who clean by electrolosis

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The steel wire that is connected to the piece for rust removal, what kind of steel wire. I dont want to use the wrong kind. Dont know if galvanized is bad. I do know that stainless is bad. What is the best? Can copper wire be used? First time doing this. I am following woodworker plan for the devise.

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Copper wire is fine ........

Riggleman

Mar 7, 2016
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use mild steel tie wire. It works well on what's I've used. Not sure on coin use. I know certain metals will cause coins to turn colors like silver to copper and copper to silver

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copper Wire to the Piece u are cleaning, or Copper hooked to a plated (or Not) Copper/Brass Alligator Clip.

You can use many things for your Sac, Anode , I prefer Stainless , but it has it's "Haters".

I have used the same 3 Stainless Rod's in my 4 gallon bucket for 4 years now (tho they are 5 inches shorter now) & cleaned an Estimated 70-90 pieces From the size of square Nails to large Ax Heads.

GL & Try to wear gloves , tho I don't & there seems to be nothing wrong with Killing Taliban leaders wherever we find them ,
Would love to see some video tho.....Wait what was I talking about???

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer stainless as my anode as well, I just avoid setting my tank up inside my workshop and I don't stair too long with my face over it. It can be harmful in big operations but small time conservation tanks like mine have proved to be not of any concern. I use copper wires for attachments but they need replacing after several uses.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread