What's new

For those who shop their own natural gas providers ...... fixed or variable?

baspinall

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
2,465
Reaction score
846
Golden Thread
1
Location
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious do you go with fixed rates or variable rates on natural gas? I'm getting ready to switch but am on the fence. The variables start out real low. But how is the history of gas rates? Can't seem to find any info on that. What do you do and why?

Thanks - Brian
 
Fixed rates. We picked the cheapest originally and have stuck with them. We have had cheaper offers but only good for one year or even 6 months and then they will probably increase to more than we are presently paying. It isn't worth it for us to switch in our opinion. I guess you could go to the variable and if you don't like it change back when your contract is up. OR even go to a third provider.
We are older folks and don't like to switch things if we are happy with them.
Good luck in your decision. I'm sure others will reply.
Marvin and his Sweetie of 54 years.:occasion14:
 
I usually lock-in the lowest fixed rate I can find by mid November, then I don't have to worry about it again until nest year. Those low rate variables are tempting, though.
 
Think I'm going fixed as well.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom