What's new

Foreign Coin (Japanese/Chinese)

joe_dirt

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2013
Messages
596
Reaction score
666
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I dug this coin yesterday in Virginia. I'm guessing it's Japanese but I really don't know, could be Chinese. I figured I'd post it here and see if anyone has any idea what exactly it is. It's roughly the same size as a US quarter. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2423_1.webp
    IMG_2423_1.webp
    100.8 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2426_2.webp
    IMG_2426_2.webp
    93.4 KB · Views: 172
Its not a coin. Its a token. think its chinese.
 
Upvote 0
Unbelievable! I just got back from a local field and dug the same exact coin. I was going to post it on "what is it" and this is the first post I see. Congratulations. HH.
 

Attachments

  • image-2660257106.webp
    image-2660257106.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 172
  • image-3090400527.webp
    image-3090400527.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 0
I found the same coin. Did they make replicas? Mines more worn
 
Upvote 0
It's an old Chinese cash coin. I found one a few years ago an an old schoolhouse site, I understand that they're pretty common non-dug. Nice Find!
 
Upvote 0
Thanks all for the replies and the ID. Much appreciated.
 
Upvote 0
Very common where Chinese were,most date back to the 1600's it seems,most are not worth much either, too bad I have dug hundreds of em!
 
Upvote 0
Unbelievable! I just got back from a local field and dug the same exact coin. I was going to post it on "what is it" and this is the first post I see. Congratulations. HH.
Yours actually is not the exact coin.....all the characters mean something and the differences are often subtle.One side denotes the Emperor,and what Mint,and rein(period)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom