What's new

Foreign Silver

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
282
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this one in a box; IMO it's one of the prettiest foreign silver coins; Found another one 1934 more than a year ago.
HH
PC181983.webp

PC181985.webp
 
Upvote 0
That is very cool. I've gotten a Balboa before it's a 1979 and clad. The design hasn't changed at all but yours is a 1930 and silver! I don't know what their new ones look like but it's interesting they haven't changed their design in so long. I've got a Panama clad dime too and the design is still the same but just smaller on a dime. I believe based on memory the U.S. mint used to do minting for the Balboa too so they have the same dimensions and metal content as the U.S. coins.
 
:hello: :icon_thumleft: Great looking coin !!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to find one of those ;D !!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I have found 2 of this same coin--except both were clad. Very nice silver find.

apush :read2:
 
SFBayArea said:
That is very cool. I've gotten a Balboa before it's a 1979 and clad. The design hasn't changed at all but yours is a 1930 and silver! I don't know what their new ones look like but it's interesting they haven't changed their design in so long. I've got a Panama clad dime too and the design is still the same but just smaller on a dime. I believe based on memory the U.S. mint used to do minting for the Balboa too so they have the same dimensions and metal content as the U.S. coins.

Got a 2008 by accident. I only edge search and the medio Balboa is exactly the same as clad half by edge. I droped a roll on the floor and one of the coin looked different. Upon close look, it's a Balboa.
The obverse is the same but the reverse is changed.
PC151981.webp
PC151982.webp
 
Beautiful coin. Nice find.
 
I've got one silver one I picked up last year. One of the best looking foreign coins in my opinion.
HH
Rich
 
Congrats on the find Yinzi. That very coin (same year) is my avatar....I found mine last year. It is a very cool coin - it's very conveniently marked for weight and purity...harkens back to the pre-fiat currency days.

HH
CD
 
I haven't found a silver Balboa yet. Cool find :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom