Forgotten or Secret Locations

DesertCruiser

Greenie
Jan 27, 2010
Utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We're working on a small survey. Should you keep Secret Locations a secret or should you put the info out there for others? Some believe they should all remain a secret and the roads and areas closed to the public. Others believe they should remain open, because it is public land. Has our government taken over - not working for us anymore, or are they just looking out for the protection of these sites? Some interesting beliefs are already exposed. How about giving us your opinion?
Vandalizism and its effect on our visiting sites in the desert.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is America ! it is supposed to be a free country.
people should have a right to these areas.

destruction by some, is not a reason to ban everyone.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the worst thing I ever heard was there are supposedly areas that it is illegal to Detect & Dig on,
that are Highly Secret.
they are so afraid if they say "This is a Historically protected site" we will dig :(
and they won't put up signs. or point on a map and say
there is an archaeological protected site here.

so I guess they will not tell you you can't dig there till you have been arrested ???

Last edited:

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is America ! it is supposed to be a free country.
people should have a right to these areas.

destruction by some, is not a reason to ban everyone.

Public land is public land, just like the local library. You can use the public land and public parks whenever you want they are for all of the people that's why they are public property. They are not private and owned by someone, they are for the use of the public. I am with jeff that was the decision to make them public for all to use!!!

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I've been detecting on a Minn University campus for around 10 yrs.......no problems. Then last yr I continued to detect on the campus and two university "Security Patrol" guys (students who dress in some sort of 'Cop' uniform and wander around for tuition help) asked what I was doing. I said I was just looking for coins. One really smart guy then said, "You'll have to leave....this is private property." I don't think he'll graduate with such vast knowledge. (Yes, I was back several times....no problems and didn't meet the 'Wander for Tuition' guys.)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Looking for LOST towns & communities in the state of Virginia; LOTS of good books/info; just don't have time to get to ALL of it. HAVE found old "Mountain Communities" from Page & Rockingham Counties along the Skyland Drive (aka Shenandoah National Park) in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. NO MD'ing... just HIKING. LOVE those "Mountain Hollows"! :coffee2:

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much land isn't owned by someone Cant fish by the huron river here anymore like when I was young trespassing rrrr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread