What's new

Fork or spoon handle?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,710
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's another piece my brother sent me. There is an eagle with shield and 4 hallmarks but I can only make out the TE. There are two more to the left of that and one to the right. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • spoon 1.webp
    spoon 1.webp
    609.4 KB · Views: 100
  • spoon 2.webp
    spoon 2.webp
    141.2 KB · Views: 80
  • spoon 3.webp
    spoon 3.webp
    469 KB · Views: 94
Hard to say.

IF guessing... I would say spoon.

In fact... I would bet money on it.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
PS... great find btw.
 
Upvote 0
Any ideas on the eagle and hallmarks?
 
Upvote 0
The "round" hallmark might be an "S", for silver? (of course, if the handle is made of silver! LOL)
 
Upvote 0
T.E.is Thomas Ellerton I believe
 
Upvote 0
The "round" hallmark might be an "S", for silver? (of course, if the handle is made of silver! LOL)

I don't think it is silver but could be wrong. The pictures shown are after cleaning with a warm soapy water solution. There appears to be some flaking around the eagle. Maybe this piece was in a fire?
 
Upvote 0
Very cool, love that federal eagle. Perhaps part of an officer’s mess
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
12
Views
1K
Replies
15
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom