What's new

Fort Myers Beach

astro-nut

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
southwest fla
Detector(s) used
whites spectra, dual field, beachhunter300, minelab quattro
I thought I would try my luck at fort myer's beach this morning . I took my dual field an beachhunter300 and hit the beach . I really hit the beach ;D that sand was like rock and I couldn't sift the sand it would become like a ball does anyone detect this beach
 
Upvote 0
been near the pier, too much alum shreds for the DF :thumbsup:
 
astro-nut said:
I thought I would try my luck at fort myer's beach this morning . I took my dual field an beachhunter300 and hit the beach . I really hit the beach ;D that sand was like rock and I couldn't sift the sand it would become like a ball does anyone detect this beach


Hunt it all the time need a big heavy nutall ss scoop with a point goes in like butter LOL
Not really a good place for a PI machine
 
i hunt there all the time and i use a whites dual field.great machine alot of goodies there ;D
 
digum smacks said:
i hunt there all the time and i use a whites dual field.great machine alot of goodies there ;D

Yeah but Dave your not human so you can get away with a PI machine.
 
new to fort myers

is fort myers beach a good place to hunt for treasures and trinkets im looking to get back into doing it.
 
hello my name is geoffrey davis and im looking to start hunting again real soon and i am new to the area and i was wondering if fort myers beach is a good place to hunt for treasures and trinkets.
 
hello my name is geoffrey davis and im looking to start hunting again real soon and i am new to the area and i was wondering if fort myers beach is a good place to hunt for treasures and trinkets.

Any beach where people sun bath or swim is a good beach.
 
I use a heavy duty scoop there as well and have never had a problem.

FT Myers Bch is as good as any other beach. The small bits of alum are from replenishment.

In my opinion this beach is over hunted and you will do much better in the water than on the sand. That said, hit it early am. We get there while it is still dark out and there are hunters on the beach.

I'm sure canslaw will be along to add his thoughts.
 
NF..... correct me if im wrong, but parking doesnt open until 7 and its $10 a day. The traffic on and off that bridge is a pain. One beach is about as good as any..... if you have people, you might get a recent drop.

Dew
 
Never mind, I fell victim to Hamid pulling up old posts for some reason....

FMB has been dredged and re-dredged with 300 yards of new beach since this post was made.
 
Last edited:
Go There Anytime - Enjoy the Company of 6 Other Detectorists

:BangHead::BangHead:
I thought I would try my luck at fort myer's beach this morning . I took my dual field an beachhunter300 and hit the beach . I really hit the beach ;D that sand was like rock and I couldn't sift the sand it would become like a ball does anyone detect this beach
 
Dew yeah, parking isn't cheap. The muni lot isn't the only place to park though. WE've paid to park in restaurant lots and some others south of the pier. Today, we don't pay to park as one my friends, an ex-boss, lives right there. Park at his place, walk right onto the beach. We have an open invitation to park there. I don't know what time the muni parking lot opens. But i've seen cars parked in the lot across from the beach lot - parked in there early. Still, i've got no idea. I should mention that parking is tight In FT Myers Beach. Once those lots fill up you could grow a beard while looking for a spot.

That bridge is a pain in the ass! But it's really the traffic volume getting onto the island. For that reason we only hunt there early am.

WE've had a few homes in that area. Now we are East of I75. it's Nice and it's quiet, relatively speaking. But the ride to the beach is an odessey if we go anytime from late morning on.

Can Slaw has it right. Hunting that beach can be trying with all the dredge spoil. But we still hunt there everytime I'm in FL. Sanibel is much the same. Except in addition to a parking squeeze you've got to pay that freakin' toll to get there!
 
One other thing - on Sanibel the parking areas fill up quickly. There are many tourist. A high percentage from other parts of the world. Many of the drivers are distracted, or frustrated. You may find your self in a "Situation." as i did not so long ago.

Normally, when in Florida i drive an old Ford F150 pickup truck or a Dodge Grand Caravan Mini Van. I keep my fishing gear in the truck and for that reason its the vehicle i use the most. Plus it is a no worry truck. i can park it anywhere, get in wet and sandy etc. But for what ever reason, on this one day, I decided to take my Shelby GT-H convertible. Hey, I'm an old guy, we all have to compensate!!! HAHAHA!!!! Anyway, there i am circling one of the lots on Sanibel, temp in the high Sixties, Sun is out, roof is down, exaust is giving out that perfect rumble, got some Freebird going on the stereo, you know, life is good! Then the line of cars stops and I stop with them. It was at this exact moment that a woman from some country i cant' even pronounce decided it was time to back her rental van out of her spot. Which she did without looking, without listening, and without stopping until she planted her rear bumper squarely into my right quarter panel. All i could do was watch. I hit my horn, the woman behind me hit her horn. And, to top it off i was too far forward to get her spot!!!!

There wasn't a lot of damage, just some minor skin damage, but the car being what it is, if and when i sell it I have to disclose it. The woman apologised profusely. At least i think she was apologising! The police, who i didn't call, wrote a report and everyone went their own way. Lesson learned. Now the old F150 gets the nod for these tight parking areas. And a lesson for everyone else that sometimes these too small parking areas can get a little crazy.

Edited to include - i stayed to hunt, damaged muscle car, six bucks to get across that freakin bridge - i wasn't going to be denied!!!! But, my luck didn't change. Metal garbage along with not very much clad.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom