What's new

Fossil Found in creek. Need help identifying

lowd

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
75
Golden Thread
0
Guys I found this interesting bone fossil in a creek bed... Any clue as to what it is?
 

Attachments

  • image-2776952359.webp
    image-2776952359.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 142
  • image-4108300012.webp
    image-4108300012.webp
    55.2 KB · Views: 131
  • image-1860035564.webp
    image-1860035564.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 134
  • image-2318256021.webp
    image-2318256021.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 144
  • image-970140736.webp
    image-970140736.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 138
  • image-1265990224.webp
    image-1265990224.webp
    47.8 KB · Views: 137
  • image-1363407383.webp
    image-1363407383.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 133
Whoops didn't mean to repost. Sorry!
 
Looks like a scull from a critter.
 
It's a section of an amonite.


Folder #1 247.webp Folder #1 249.webp
 
Hey that's cool! Thanks for the help!
 
HMMM... first thought I got was a turtle... looks like the bottom side of a turtle. the first 2 pics made me think that, almost thinking I could see where the legs used to be. Wish I could see that in person... my answer probably sounds stupid. LOL
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom