What's new

Fossil point

jj358

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2014
Messages
52
Reaction score
84
Golden Thread
0
Location
eastern kentucky
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
This is an older find but an interesting one. It's got a fossil in it. Has anybody ever seen this before in other points.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    290.6 KB · Views: 160
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    335.5 KB · Views: 145
Upvote 0
Very Cool! I have one from Louisiana that has crinoid fossils in it.
 
Have seen this before on other people's finds but don't have any myself. Very cool.
 
VERY NEAT FIND ! :thumbsup:
 
It's not too uncommon to find them with fossils down here. You've got a good looking one for sure.
 
Thanks for the info. I'm glad that I have a place to show my finds.
 
The best of both worlds thats a nice one
 
I wonder what the origional maker thought of when that was revealed!
 
It's not that rare to find points with fossils in them, the NA used stone that they found and could work. I have some points that are full of small crinoid steams. Great find
 
Love your find, that's the first one of those I've seen.
 
That's gnarly! This is the first time I've ever seen a fossil point. In fact I dint even know such a thing exists. I love seeing new stuff on T-Net. Thanks for sharing
 
I have several with fossils in them, but these are the only two I can find pictures of.

The first one is a black Kirk with a Crinoid in it. The second I found in two pieces about 35 feet apart on the Ohio River. It is broken right at the fossil.
 

Attachments

  • New Pics006.webp
    New Pics006.webp
    207.3 KB · Views: 112
  • New015.webp
    New015.webp
    62.1 KB · Views: 113
  • New019.webp
    New019.webp
    90.5 KB · Views: 97

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom