PennyG Sr. Member Joined Apr 21, 2014 Messages 431 Reaction score 284 Golden Thread 0 Location Texas Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 30, 2014 Thread Owner #1 Found this interesting , what I believe is a fossil , by the lake. I have never seen one like it and wondered what it might have possibly been.
Found this interesting , what I believe is a fossil , by the lake. I have never seen one like it and wondered what it might have possibly been.
mamabear Silver Member Joined Feb 21, 2008 Messages 3,075 Reaction score 869 Golden Thread 0 Location SE Missouri Detector(s) used garage sale oldie Primary Interest: Other Jul 30, 2014 #2 Wow, that is an interesting rock. I can't really tell if it is a fossil, or just a rock, but I would have picked it up also. & it would go on my odd rock shelf. Nice find! & if it is a fossil, I would think it would be a coral. Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
Wow, that is an interesting rock. I can't really tell if it is a fossil, or just a rock, but I would have picked it up also. & it would go on my odd rock shelf. Nice find! & if it is a fossil, I would think it would be a coral.
mamabear Silver Member Joined Feb 21, 2008 Messages 3,075 Reaction score 869 Golden Thread 0 Location SE Missouri Detector(s) used garage sale oldie Primary Interest: Other Jul 30, 2014 #3 Penny, I found this on-line today while trying to find places to dig. Looks like the specimen you have.
Penny, I found this on-line today while trying to find places to dig. Looks like the specimen you have.
PennyG Sr. Member Joined Apr 21, 2014 Messages 431 Reaction score 284 Golden Thread 0 Location Texas Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 30, 2014 Thread Owner #4 mamabear said: Penny, I found this on-line today while trying to find places to dig. Looks like the specimen you have. Click to expand... I don't think the picture was uploaded.
mamabear said: Penny, I found this on-line today while trying to find places to dig. Looks like the specimen you have. Click to expand... I don't think the picture was uploaded.
mamabear Silver Member Joined Feb 21, 2008 Messages 3,075 Reaction score 869 Golden Thread 0 Location SE Missouri Detector(s) used garage sale oldie Primary Interest: Other Jul 31, 2014 #5 iron-oxide concretions & nodules 1 sorry, I guess I had a "moment" there.
PennyG Sr. Member Joined Apr 21, 2014 Messages 431 Reaction score 284 Golden Thread 0 Location Texas Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 1, 2014 Thread Owner #6 mamabear said: iron-oxide concretions & nodules 1 sorry, I guess I had a "moment" there. Click to expand... Very informative link. Thank you for your time and help.
mamabear said: iron-oxide concretions & nodules 1 sorry, I guess I had a "moment" there. Click to expand... Very informative link. Thank you for your time and help.