What's new

Fossilized Egg?

Mark60

Full Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
218
Reaction score
264
Golden Thread
0
Location
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found what I think is a fossilized egg at a site I've been working, any thoughts or ideas? image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
It is not a fossilized egg, it appears to be a limestone or quartz nodule in matrix.
 
Thanks Old Digger wasn't sure of what is was it just seemed intriguing when I came across it being egg shaped and the outside of it looked to be a shell covering, it is set in limestone which is neat that it survived this long being set in stone basically out in the open.. I was so hoping it was an egg. When you say I matrix what does that mean? Thank you
 
Not an egg, but an interesting nodule, perhaps flint? Matrix is the rock it occurs in.
 
I second the chert/flint nodule theory. Seen similar things central in Florida.
 
thanks for everyone's input i appreciate it
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom