Sep 30, 2010
Northern New Mexico
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F-75 LTD, Blisstool V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found 1959 Men's Gold Class Ring and Returned to Owner

I was in Colorado this past week helping my dad winterize his ranch and I was able to have a few moments to metal detect the yard from his late 1800's house. I found allot of clad coins but I did find a Gold mens High School class ring from 1959. After some online detective work, I was able to track down the owner and return the ring to him last week. The owner said that he lost it while herding cattle on horseback and he had the ring only a few months before he lost it. He was overjoyed when he received it in the mail! Thanks for looking!

That is a great story! It will be a day he will always remember, thanks to you. May karma reward you with some really good finds in the future!

That is a great story! It will be a day he will always remember, thanks to you. May karma reward you with some really good finds in the future!

Not only may the Karma reward you, may the Ghia reward you ,too!

Here is the official Karma Ghia Reward:

Attachments

• karma ghia.jpg
    karma ghia.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Another story of a awesome return.. I hope the meatheads r reading!! GREAT JOB... HH

I found a 58 Class Ring,after searching the Initials for the school the only person with them said,no I never lost a ring,sure would like to have returned it though,would have BETTER than finding it!! 53 years WOW!!! God Bless Chris

I'll bet that was quite a surprise to hear that it had been found after more than 50 years. great find and return!

:occasion14:that definitley deserves honorable mention great job while its nice to find great stuff nothing beats the satisfaction of returning something that maybe had alot of personal value to a person and knowing you just made there day congrats :icon_thumright:

Great find....better story.....WTG.:icon_thumleft:

About a month ago, a hunting buddy dug a 1948 Univ. of Texas BA ring from a back yard demo site. Thre people graduated in 48 with the same name but only one had a BA. Did a bunch of searching and located the son of the owner. The owner, born in 1919, had passed away in 1998. After a couple of phone calls, talking to the widow, leaving numbers and names etc., the son was to call back and never did. The ring band had been cut for a smaller finger and was so fragile and really light weight, it broke near the stone when trying to spread apart the band.

It is a good feeling to be able to locate the owner and reunite them
with a lost ring. Congratulations..... Gold Nuggets :hello:

Super! An early Christmas gift from the past. Very nice of you to make the effort.

Great story, well done!!

Post Script: American Digger Magazine is putting this story in their magazine in a future edition!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back