Found 22 " Gold Chain In Parking Lot

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because of metal detecting for so many years I always look at the ground while walking looking for "treasure".

Today I found a 22" 14K gold chain while walking in mall parking lot laying on the ground, it had broken link at clasp hook, both lobster clasp and hook to clasp to still there and since I was going in mall I stopped at jeweler and they fixed it for me for $19.00, 8.5 grams 14k equals $303.05 melt down value at today's gold price.

20210601_172929.jpg

Upvote 38

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, sounds just like the one I just lost...oh wait, you're in Florida and I'm in Orygun...never mind.:laughing7:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Good Eye!!! Congrats!!!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a heck of a find... I always scan the parking lots when I walk to and from my vehicle. I stay a lot in motels and have found mostly coins, pens, Bic lighter, etc. but I did find a 14k gold earring once that got run over. It was maybe a gram or so. I've also found paper money blow in around bushes that might landscape these parking lots. At a big truck stop I found 3 $20.0 bills amongst some bushes once. It's a good refresher scanning the ground, as that is an important skill in hunting stone artifacts. Trains your eyes to fade out the general terrain and see the thing that are not a part of that overall terrain.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been picking stuff up off the ground since i was crawling on the ground. heh

Great score TH.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That’s what I’m talkin about. Nice find:icon_thumright:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup...my partner at work screamed STOP while driving to lunch. He quickly got out of the vehicle and retrieved a similar find. I couldn't believe he saw it out the window at 30+ MPH....congrats Treasure Hunter !! Nice one !!

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I managed WalMart Supercenters for many years. Found a crazy amount of junk jewelry and loose stones on the parking lot. Occationally, a great find happened though.

Congrats!

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BOOM!!!! Awesome score!!!!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Great eyeball find. I am guessing, since you fixed it, that your wife owns it now? ??? Since I joined this site, I find I am constantly looking on the ground. I'll probably walk out in front of a car someday.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See all that training you got hunting artifacts two counties west of me in Missouri paid off well for you. :grin:
Seriously congrats on a great find.
Don

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great eyeball find. I am guessing, since you fixed it, that your wife owns it now? ??? Since I joined this site, I find I am constantly looking on the ground. I'll probably walk out in front of a car someday.

No, I put a crucifix I had on a shorter chain on it and am wearing it, wife has lot of gold chains already.

MidMoTreasure

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Always keep your eyes to the ground.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 14k diamond tennis bracelet in a Wal-Mart lot. Went to customer service later that day to see if anyone reported the loss.....youngster employee said to just hand it over and they would put it in a special found items container, and wait and see if a claimant comes forward. If not, they said they send the items all to corporate. I said no, gave my name and number to them but did not divulge what I found. Long story short.....now my wife has a super expensive bracelet she never wears but I did try to reunite the loser.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread