What's new

Found a 1903 O Barber half updated w/ pic

Scalper

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
1,217
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Curitiba, Brazil
I picked up 4 boxes on Friday while picking through a crazy box mixed with varieties I scored my first barber half ... :tongue3: It is a 1903 O and pretty worn but still a beauty it came out the last 3 rolls of the first box I open ... I ripped the roll and saw a real shiny thin silver coin and when I plucked it out I was stoked to say the least ...


Here is Fridays take ...



Box 1 1903 O Barber
2006 S Proof
1991 S "
2001 S " silver
1986 Comm.
2003 S proof
2 1945 Walkers
1964 Kennedy
1967 "
Jordan Coin
Mexican Coin



Box 2 1981 S proof
1976 S "
2 40%



Box 3 2 40%



Box 4 nothing skunked





Thanks for looking and HH everyone , Ed
 
Upvote 0
Re: Anyone need a haircut cuz I found a barber

Nice. How many halves did you go through to find it?
 
Re: Anyone need a haircut cuz I found a barber

:thumbsup:I'm still loooking :thumbsup:
 
Re: Anyone need a haircut cuz I found a barber

Congrats. I still haven't found my first one.
 
Re: Anyone need a haircut cuz I found a barber

Congrats on your first Barber!!! I hope many more are in store for ya in the future. They are so exciting to find.

WAHOOOOOOO
 
Re: Anyone need a haircut cuz I found a barber

Congrats on your find. What year was the coin? I hope to find one myself, but will instead probably have to buy it from the coin store.

Jim
 
Re: Anyone need a haircut cuz I found a barber

pic of a 1903 O Barber
 

Attachments

  • barber 004.webp
    barber 004.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 391
Re: Anyone need a haircut cuz I found a barber

TooManyHobbies said:
Nice. How many halves did you go through to find it?



Thanks , I have looked through 25- 30k halves so far .....
 
Re: Anyone need a haircut cuz I found a barber updated w/ pic

Thanks everyone it was a fun find and for S-F, , Fropa , Jim , Toomany and anyone else that hasnt found one yet ... keep ripping there is one out there with your name on it ... would be great if everyone could find one and for LJ I am sure that there is a few more floating around for ya and yeah they are a blast to find , ;D . Ed
 
Grats on your first Barber! I just found my first Benjamin last weekend after around 33k in halves and have yet to find a walker or barber, but I live in Washington so we don't have quite so much history as some other areas of the US.
 
Scalper; the 2001s silver, is that a 40% or 90%? Never found one of those....
 
renegade_7 said:
Scalper; the 2001s silver, is that a 40% or 90%? Never found one of those....


That is a 90 % in '92 they started making 2 types of proofs again clad and silver and the silver ones are all 90% ...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom