What's new

Found a Bayonet and a Civil War Federal Eagle Button (I)

riverdiver

Full Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2011
Messages
212
Reaction score
365
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic5 ID
White's Surf Master II with the dive rod
Garrett Treasure Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=2][/h]
I went diving yesterday after some heavy rain in our area hoping to scare up some goodies, I uncovered a rusty bayonet a severely corroded federal eagle coat button with backmark and shank intact and some more marbles, pottery, ammo, another clay pipe and an odd shaped little bullet that other forum members say is actually a finial, either way it is a cool find and I am thankful for their knowledge.​
 

Attachments

  • ResizedImage_1379122284688.webp
    ResizedImage_1379122284688.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 151
  • ResizedImage_1379122455542.webp
    ResizedImage_1379122455542.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 0
Neat finds Diver! Ray
 
Excellent work RD! :occasion14:
 
You have found a piece of our history, Congratulations on the finds. not every day we dig these!
 
Love the pipe and the button.
the pipe seems to be in very good condition too.
 
Terrific historical button find, riverdiver! :headbang:



Lorraine
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom