What's new

Found a Big coin Today!!!

lowcountry

Full Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2015
Messages
148
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this....sorry for the pic but its the only good one. The back is toasted...the edges are ridged like modern day quarters....copper...Need help identifying it!! coinnew.webp
 
Upvote 12
also no words around the edges.......weird!!
 
Size? I'm guessing Franklin?
 
Cool but hard to see
 
I believe the profile is that of George III. The coin reminds me of 1820s-1830s Canadian tokens (look up 1820 Canadian Seated Justice token), except I don't know if they had reeded edges. Better photos of obverse and reverse would help.

aj
 
Nice old copper recovery! Perhaps a bit of soaking will show some detail.
 
What's the diameter of the coin - can often classify it based on measurement.
 
1799 British Halfpenny, I think.
 
Neat old copper whatever it turns out to be.
 
Crusader got it!! The bottom neck part of the bust matches the book....Thanks!!! :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom