What's new

Found a celt this morning

Hot diggity

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2014
Messages
447
Reaction score
333
Golden Thread
0
I dinged it on one side with a probe & scraped it on the other with my shovel. Should still clean up well. I'll post it cleaned up later. Will give a certain someone some time before he bumps his own posts again anyway. My friend found a massive piece of archaic copper & it's a great example of how they pounded raw copper ore flat, folded over, pounded, folded, pounded etcetera.
 

Attachments

  • 1470757874324.webp
    1470757874324.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 195
  • 1470757888725.webp
    1470757888725.webp
    38 KB · Views: 170
  • 1470757900466.webp
    1470757900466.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 176
  • 1470757912289.webp
    1470757912289.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 200
Upvote 0
And does anyone know what these are if anything? The one on the left was found yesterday & the other a few weeks ago. Idk
 

Attachments

  • 1470877688709.webp
    1470877688709.webp
    40 KB · Views: 124
Last pic I promise.
 

Attachments

  • 1470877746704.webp
    1470877746704.webp
    35.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
I think they were used as knives or scrapper. Man made for sure. Someone with more knowledge will tell soon I guess.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom