What's new

found a chunk of black flint, do you think its been worked?

kygirl1227

Full Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
148
Reaction score
104
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dry Ridge, Ky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found a chunk of black flint, do you think it's been worked?

20150523_212240.webp
 
Upvote 0
Found this too, just looked neat...natural, fossil???:dontknow:20150523_212103.webp
 
a flake was taken off the black one,you should take pics of the edge with a macro setting,its all about the edge on rocks.
 
The piece of black flint looks to be worked to me! Cool fossil!
 
When enlarge I your photo I see no clear sign of knapping, but the end toward your thumb could be but it hard to tell from your photo.
 
To me the black flint looks to be a mid section of what would of been a nice oval knife or something like that. I find a lot of broken ones in the creek that at one time was larger. If it was just a piece of broken flint there would be cortex on it which I see none. jmo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom