What's new

Found a Cool Coin in Todays Box

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Found a Cool Coin in Today's Box

The picture just doesn't do it justice. I found a gold plated 1964. It will go nice with a gold plated 40% I found earlier this year. In this box I found 3 - 1964's, 7 - 40%ers and a 1995 proof. Today was a good day.
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_03.webp
    ScreenHunter_03.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 480
Upvote 0
Re: Found a Cool Coin in Today's Box

Looks like you had an "LJ" silver day.

Jim
 
Re: Found a Cool Coin in Today's Box

jim4silver said:
Looks like you had an "LJ" silver day.

Jim
LOL..........I like to think some days she has an S_F day.....LOL

I do bow to the Queen of Silver though :thumbsup:
 
Re: Found a Cool Coin in Today's Box

congrats, your on a roll!
 
Re: Found a Cool Coin in Today's Box

S_F,

Those gold-plated halves are quite neat. I got my first '64 plated about the same time you posted. The box also had a 1969 plated half as well.

I've been using the gold plated clad halves as gifts for tellers that have been helpful in this hobby. I think it has helped, though I've gifted a few tellers only to have them leave the branch a few days later. Oh well.

I'm not about to give away the plated silver though.
 
Re: Found a Cool Coin in Today's Box

Bjorn_MD said:
I think it has helped, though I've gifted a few tellers only to have them leave the branch a few days later.
That happened to me last month or so. A BofA teller always saved rolls of cents for me. Then one days I went in and all they would say is that she no longer works here. :-[ The new merchant teller wasn't much help either.

Two weeks ago I go into another BofA and there she was. She is now saving them for me there. ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom