What's new

Found a couple points this evening

DigIron2

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2014
Messages
4,042
Reaction score
2,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
001.webp002.webp003.webp005.webp006.webpI went back to the place I found a few points the other day and came out with these.It down poured here last night and this morning so I got pretty excited,'had visions of finding a bunch",but now I am thinking my last hunt was more of a beginer's luck type deal.You guys must put in some work finding the stuff ya'll find!It is all I can do to catch one of those bright white quarts points no less some darker artifacts!I was wondering, is the rounded point broken? because there is not much of a tip!My first impression was yes,but I don't know. .The other two pieces I am not sure about at all,but the bigger of the two seems to have been chipped on one edge?If it is anything ,I was wondering what?joe
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like you have only 1 whole artifact. The last one is a real heartbreaker. Probably Dalton but Im not sure on your area. Always good to get out
 
Nice finds, that's a good hunt in my book. The one on the left looks like another hafted scraper, and the broke piece looks like maybe Quartzite, so your finding different material as well. I hunt a heavily occupied site with tons of flakes and crap everywhere, but rarely do I find a complete point or tool. The last piece looks like maybe a broken drill, and I'm not sure whats going on with the piece with the finely flaked tip at the top of the first pic, but its cool. If you keep at it your eyes will begin to see more with time and experience, it took a few hunts for me to start finding stuff in our creek. It helps to be familiar with the other materials used in your area like Quartzite, Rhyolite, and Jasper. Thanks for the view, H.H.
 
Nice hunt! Looks like you have the eye for them. Just keep dogging the old spots and looking for new spots to hunt. Your collection will start to add up.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom