What's new

Found a couple silvers today!

TejasDigger

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
329
Reaction score
81
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
My wife had to go visit a girl from her work yesterday. She said she lived close to a neighborhood that was pretty old, so I said I wonder if she will let me detect over there? Well, she asked her and she said, "sure go ahead" and I was pretty happy about that. It's not a real old house, but it was built in 1946. My second coin was a quarter at about 6" deep, so I thought it had a chance to be silver but was a 1966. I dug a bit of clad coins and had no wheats or silver until about midway through the hunt and finally at 6" a mercury dime pops out with the silver edge showing with a clump of dirt stuck to it. I didn't rub it but went and put it in the car. Turns out later it was a 1919s. I didn't expect to find a coin that old at this house. After that I was pretty pumped and found another merc (1941) and three wheats (1935), (1946), (1952d). I ended up with $2.31 in clad and I didn't finish the house and will be back again. Here are the pics.

metaldetecting205.jpg


metaldetecting210.jpg


metaldetecting211.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Thanks everyone.
 
Good for you....mercs are great.
 
Sweet finds, Congrats! :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom