Found a Eisenhower silver proof and some eye candy.

tmjones550

Aug 16, 2011
Found my first Eisenhower silver proof while crh'ing for halves. I also wanted to show off my birthday gift, some silver 1oz. rounds....enjoy.

ForumRunner_20140630_204053.png

ForumRunner_20140630_204113.png

ForumRunner_20140630_204113.png

Upvote 0
That's cool I didn't know any Silver dollars were actually Silver.

It was in the vault. I was actually searching for halves and she said she had the "big" dollars coins. I know its 40% silver but I'll take it.

that's really cool. I would love to find one of those. I spent the better part of a month trying unsuccessfully to order bags of Ikes to search for silver. I hope one day I can find one.

Congrats on the silver Ike. I've been kinda lucky with dollar coins myself. I found a silver '76 Ike in January and two '71S Ike's last September - all from the same bank too. And nice rounds too. I just had a bday too and bought some junk silver on ebay over the wknd - mostly Barber, SL and Washington quarters.

H$H!

Its nice to see you posting, thanks for sharing an awesome, elusive find with us!
Happy birthday, BTW!
HH
Buff

My $100 ike bags dried up and now I havent found any at all for several months- probably searched $5000 in ikes and no silver- congrats

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Even clad Ikes around me have dried up. The banks never have any anymore. Not long ago there were always a couple in the tell tray, if not a large batch that someone deposited. Still kicking myself for selling all the clad Ikes I used to have. Made a small profit on them, but there's hardly any Ikes in my collection now.

Well done. I have found one also but it was in a keep bag of a teller who is a good friend at my local TD. I asked about it, however he wanted to keep it for his wife. I told him that I did not blame him for that and then he gave me about 50 1943 pennies that had been scraped off the magnet at various times. I was happy and still have a good friend to boot. ( he picked out a '64 quarter from a roll the other day and sold it to me. Can't beat that.)

Very cool! Everyone loves finding old silver but for me, I'd find find NIFC silver. I've hunted $1,899 in IKE's and have exactly 1 silver IKE to show for it. It' sone of my favorites. Nice find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back