What's new

FOUND A GOOD ONE TODAY, 1796 LC

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a little bit today.
Went back to the spot were I found the capped half dollar, and my US belt plate.
Well picking were slim with so much trash but 1 good one ill take any day.
This is my second 96, first being liberty cap, and this drapped.
Didn't know they made both that year.
Don in NJ has been working on the attributing it. Could be very rare, or a common. Not sure???
Either way, its a good one in my book. Lol
Thanks for looking
George
 

Attachments

  • 1449618495218.webp
    1449618495218.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 1449618522219.webp
    1449618522219.webp
    71.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 1449618532023.webp
    1449618532023.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 232
  • 1449618540868.webp
    1449618540868.webp
    20 KB · Views: 241
Upvote 102
Wow! That is in really nice shape. Great job!
 
Hell yeah you did!
 
I was unaware of the draped and liberty cap too....learn something new n here every day. Awesome find George and in great shape to boot!
 
I was unaware of the draped and liberty cap too....learn something new n here every day. Awesome find George and in great shape to boot!

Thanks Joey,
We sure do learn something new huh?
 
Love seeing a draped with that kind of detail...the couple I've found have been ravaged by the elements. Fingers crossed for you that it has some rarity in addition to that condition.
 
Hi Vino; Nice LC there. I would Grade it at VF - 40 with Corrosion. Due to the corrosion you reduce it by one Grade making it a solid Fine Grade ok. Sweet find. PEACE:RONB
 
Nice oldie...most hunts I just hope for one decent find...that is a great find..Congrats
 
Very nice looking large cent, and an early one at that. Maybe one day.......
 
Whoa. I want one! lol. KICK BUTT FIND, GEORGE!
 
sweet! I like that its not smoked, like they usually seem to be.
 
She turned out pretty good George. Now let's hope it's an R-7.
 
Holy smokes vino. That's one fine piece of copper !! Prettiest lady on the block today Nice digs. And. Boy I can't wait until the day I find something like that. HH gl. Eastcoast
 
Awesome find! I love those early LC's! That ones in great shape to!!
 
Awesome copper !:occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom