What's new

FOUND A GOOD ONE TODAY, 1796 LC

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a little bit today.
Went back to the spot were I found the capped half dollar, and my US belt plate.
Well picking were slim with so much trash but 1 good one ill take any day.
This is my second 96, first being liberty cap, and this drapped.
Didn't know they made both that year.
Don in NJ has been working on the attributing it. Could be very rare, or a common. Not sure???
Either way, its a good one in my book. Lol
Thanks for looking
George
 

Attachments

  • 1449618495218.webp
    1449618495218.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 1449618522219.webp
    1449618522219.webp
    71.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 1449618532023.webp
    1449618532023.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 232
  • 1449618540868.webp
    1449618540868.webp
    20 KB · Views: 241
Upvote 102
That one is a beauty. Here where we hunt the soil is acid and the fertilizer does not help. They are almost always in bad shape. If you can get a date you are lucky. Nice one!
 
Great find again George. She's cleaned up well. I'm glad you found this '96 Draped to keep your '96 capped company. That's quite impressive. Cheers buddy on the 4th quarter win...like them Eagles...
 
Love seeing a draped with that kind of detail...the couple I've found have been ravaged by the elements. Fingers crossed for you that it has some rarity in addition to that condition.

Thanks ZK,
Yep 1 in every 10 come out decent.
 
Hi Vino; Nice LC there. I would Grade it at VF - 40 with Corrosion. Due to the corrosion you reduce it by one Grade making it a solid Fine Grade ok. Sweet find. PEACE:RONB

Nice oldie...most hunts I just hope for one decent find...that is a great find..Congrats

Thanks guys.
 
Holy smokes vino. That's one fine piece of copper !! Prettiest lady on the block today Nice digs. And. Boy I can't wait until the day I find something like that. HH gl. Eastcoast

Thanks ECH,
They dont come out like this to often. So ill take it.
 
My oh my!
Wonderful condition for its age!
With your luck, it's the good one!

Thanks IH,
I hope so. It would make it even better!!
Good luck if you guys get out Thursday.
 
Incredible coin Vino! I can't wait to hear what the variety is of this thing.

Yep 1 in every 10 come out decent.

1 in every 10 for me come out identifiable. haha
 
Love the old coppers! Congratualtions.
 
That one is a beauty. Here where we hunt the soil is acid and the fertilizer does not help. They are almost always in bad shape. If you can get a date you are lucky. Nice one!

Thanks Becky,
The one Bad found last week was a great one. So not all. Haha
 
That is a beautiful lady!
 
Well George, you've done it again! Your 2015 is still going strong. Great looking 18th century US Large Cent :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom