What's new

Found a large dollar at the beach!

WildWildBill

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2015
Messages
474
Reaction score
630
Golden Thread
2
Location
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy T-netters! The wife and I went to Hugenot Beach today. I was hoping to swing the DFX and find something great, and the wife was hoping to improve on her tan. Neither really happened since lightning started rolling in. I did, however, make a great eyeball find....a sand dollar! Never seen or found one like this before. It measures about 3 3/4 inches side to side. Kind of looks like an indian gorget. It will look great next to my Megalodon shark teeth! Enjoy the pic. HH!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Upvote 22
I found one of those once. It was made of silver. :) But, it was sooo tiny! LOL

Good eyeball find!
 
Clever post, :thumbsup: now get back out there and find the real deal.
 
Awesome! Watch that rip current 8-)
-Jess
 
Darwin was right

Isn't it interesting that the same DNA that give these critters (and many other primitive forms) five partitions is the same that
gives us five fingers.
 
Isn't it interesting that the same DNA that give these critters (and many other primitive forms) five partitions is the same that
gives us five fingers.

Mind = Blown :D
 
Isn't it interesting that the same DNA that give these critters (and many other primitive forms) five partitions is the same that
gives us five fingers.

That's exactly what I WAS going to say!
 
Those are to get in one piece. Nice display piece

sent from a sending device
 
Nice one! The only ones I ever find are broken.

Steve
 
Thats a nice looking one. My brother used to find them when he lived near the ocean, and has made quite a collection.
 
Whenever I go to the beach that's always on my wish list to find one intact. Still on the list. lol
 
Very nice Find!

Probably come back with the following grade: "Environmental damage, AU details"!
 
Nice! Looks to be in good shape too. Don't find many of those on the beach.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom