What's new

Found a little

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2009
Messages
2,560
Reaction score
1,100
Golden Thread
0
Location
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a small bank on the way home from an out of state casino today. I had ran pretty good at the poker tables, and I had to pass right by it anyway, so I figured "what the heck." Ran into the nicest tellers I have ever encountered. Five very friendly elderly ladies. Between the 5 of them, they scraped up $83 in halves, that they seemed very happy to get rid of. 6 customer rolls and $23 loose. They even happily let me peek in their trays, but unfortunately all were devoid of any silver dimes or quarters. I watched as one of the ladies counted the loose ones and saw and heard no silver, so I wasn't expecting much. Out of the first roll pops out a perfect looking shiny solid silver rim...turned out to be my first chrome plated half encounter - a 1974. I see why you guys hate those so much now. Rolls 2-4 were all clad. I didn't think they were dumps, as not one of the tellers had more than $20. I figured that one or more of the tellers probably cherry picks the silver. Surprisingly roll #5 produced a 40%er and roll #6 had 3 more. Not much, but 4 40%ers is about what I would have expected to find in 8+ boxes back when I was doing boxes. Better than nothing, and definitely no biggie to dump! Plus, I have a new place to stop when I make a casino run where I know the tellers do not cherry pick.
 
Upvote 0
not bad, i'd take it, pretty good out of $83
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom