Found a modern day key? Give it to the dealer??

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
If it were me i would run an ad in a lost and found first. The dealership may get it and just sit on it cause they want the person to come in and spend the money for a new one.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I Agree.

it isn't to the dealers advantage to Look for the owner.

Even though it was probably replaced the same day
unless they had spares

Of course if you get a bite on the add

You would want to make sure the person claiming it
can open their door with it.

there are probably a few car thieves who could use it.

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Could you take it to your nearest Police Station, they hold it their for about 3 months and if it's not claimed you can have it...........Well that's what they do with reported lost property here in the UK

OP
OP
Reverend B*IKE*

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Unicorn ! But what do I really need with a key thats programmed for a specific car? I amd going to find out if the newspaper runs free found ads? Just trying to find the owner since these keys cost over 200-300 bucks to replace!
PS whos the avatar? IS that you>?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reverend B*IKE* said:
Thanks Unicorn ! But what do I really need with a key thats programmed for a specific car? I amd going to find out if the newspaper runs free found ads? Just trying to find the owner since these keys cost over 200-300 bucks to replace!
PS whos the avatar? IS that you>?

Most Lost & founds are a free Public Service

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Rev. Bike. No you probably wouldn't have use for a specific key. Due to the fact that it's a particularly expensive key, maybe the owner has reprted its loss to the police. Of course I am not familiar with how you deal with reported lost property in the U.S. I guess it all depends on the honesty of the people who find these things. But in any case I think you are taking all the right steps to return it to its rightful owner so congratulations

No that is not my avator, unfortunately I am not that pretty. I will try and post my picture, I am just waiting for someone to give me a digi camera for a Birthday or Christmas present. LOL. Oh! just remembered I do have a picture, but am not sure how I post it to this site. I guess someone will tell me how. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Reverend B*IKE*

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks yes doing the proper steps!
SO if that is not your picture......... Who is it?
And IF you manged to get that photo up (where it says "add images") you should be able to change or add a new one
Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread