What's new

Found a nice 1970 D today

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
The bank where I have been getting some of my boxes weekly messed up and ordered me three boxes this week after I canceled all future orders for boxes last week. I felt obliged to take them since they have been so nice in ordering them for me in the past and I know they did not want to have 3 boxes in the vault sitting around.

Box 1- skunk

Box 2- skunk

Box 3- 3-40%ers, 1970 D in BU condition.

I already have a few 1970 Ds, but there are worth keeping in that they are kind of rare. A coin store offered me $12 for one in the past, so I guess it is like finding a couple of 90%ers.

Jim
 
Upvote 0
Nice find on that 70 Jim....especially that condition. Yes, they are hard to come by so they are nice to find.

It's been quite a while since I rustled one up.
 
coinmojo said:
Will that be enough to keep you in the game?


Mojo


Mojo,

No more buying boxes each week for me. I am kind of glad these last three boxes were so sparse. It reinforced to me why I need to cut WAAAAY back on the CRHing. I will still look for opportunities on occasion, but I have canceled all my regular boxes. I have a few banks that will let me buy their coin machine bags when full, but they take a long time to fill (at least they have so far). I may get an out of town box from time to time just for fun.

I am fine with cutting back on the CRHing though because my business has picked up and I plan to have extra dough each month so I can buy PMs to add to the stash.

Like Silver Fox always says it is a roller coaster. I love the highs of finding good loads of silver, but the lows of endless skunk boxes has a demoralizing effect on me that I don't like too much. I found it would put a damper on my whole day if I got a bunch of skunk boxes; not necessarily the skunks themselves but then knowing I had a big load of rejects I had to dump the next day and had no new silver to put away.

Jim
 
Very nice work on that 70! I have nailed down both 87's myself, but have yet to round up that darn 1970.

It is probably a smart thing on your part to focus on your business a little more. Good luck with that and with your continued, though more rare, CRH endeavors.

~Dave
 
Very nice find there Jim; especially as it was your "swan song" search.

I've picked up a couple of 70-S, but even after searching close to $500,000 (yes, half a million dollars) in halves; I've yet to find a 70 -D.

Good luck in your future endeavors.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom