What's new

Found A Nice Point Today

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit one of my favorite river sites today and scored a nice one. A 2 1/2 inch Stemmed Point made from Carter Cave. Also picked up a nice Flint Celt that looks to be made from Kanawha.

I also added the tray from this site which is about a 100 yard stretch of bank. If you get past that stretch in either direction you find nothing. Some of better finds as well.
 

Attachments

  • 18373C0C-3EAE-48CD-87D1-74BB680056FE.webp
    18373C0C-3EAE-48CD-87D1-74BB680056FE.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 133
  • D7B859EC-79EC-4956-9374-32AEE4092D1E.webp
    D7B859EC-79EC-4956-9374-32AEE4092D1E.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 123
  • 5AEB9AE0-A8FF-4237-9FAB-E778171E57DC.webp
    5AEB9AE0-A8FF-4237-9FAB-E778171E57DC.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 112
  • 9C7D734E-4CB3-4C5D-91C5-AEA6DFDC6B7E.webp
    9C7D734E-4CB3-4C5D-91C5-AEA6DFDC6B7E.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 118
  • 7740AD61-565C-488E-911C-A485E208D7B8.webp
    7740AD61-565C-488E-911C-A485E208D7B8.webp
    547.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 75A74C40-953E-438B-A559-73E217AA4B89.webp
    75A74C40-953E-438B-A559-73E217AA4B89.webp
    278.2 KB · Views: 100
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    505 KB · Views: 125
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    748.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Upvote 0
That Carter Cave is some beautiful material. I love it when they're just laying there, waiting on me!
 
Nice finds that point is killer .... and nice Celt too looks like a good site
 
Really nice Grim! If i found one like that id act like i didnt see it for atleast 5 minutes to make sure i dont have a heart attack.
 
That is a real nice one! Why do you think that small stretch of river has so many points? Is it the Ohio River? Not trying, to find out your spot just curious.
 
Nice find and it looks like the dog is enjoying the river.

He has a blast. It's not my dog. He belongs to the guy that lets me use his stairs to get down to the beach. I try to get down without him seeing me and this time I thought I had. I was there almost an hour before he came down. He's an awesome dog and loves to swim out and fetch sticks but he really makes it hard to hunt because he destroys the beach as he runs around.
 
That is a real nice one! Why do you think that small stretch of river has so many points? Is it the Ohio River? Not trying, to find out your spot just curious.

There is a site just above that we hunted for a few years before they built apartments on it. This is the tray from there.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    515 KB · Views: 112
Great find and killer frame, Grim!
 
Wow thats a beauty Congrats!
 
Love those beautiful serrated points, Reaper! Awesome stuff...Ddf.
 
Nice saves Steve. The river finally went down enough to see the banks.........
 
Nice Point! I like the (from moment I saw her) sequential photos.

Haha
 
Nice Point! I like the (from moment I saw her) sequential photos.

Haha

Thanks. I actually didn't even pick it for about 5 or 10 minutes. I took some pics and then called a buddy to rub it in. Even sat down on a nearby rock and just enjoyed looking at it for a few minutes. lol
 
Real nice point find and that frame is killer.
 
All I see are natural rocks - no artifacts at all..... :laughing7:

Nice find my friend.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom