What's new

Found a old WWII hat pin

pl8man

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
4,204
Reaction score
4,643
Golden Thread
2
Location
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted a school field this morning and had some luck . I found what I believe is a 1940's WWII hat pin . Anyone have info on this ? Also some Wheats , 1926 , 42D , 46S and 1958D . Total clad for about 3+ hours , $14.13 . All in all a good hunt ! :headbang:
HH
Glen
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5106.webp
    IMG_5106.webp
    472.9 KB · Views: 826
  • IMG_5112.webp
    IMG_5112.webp
    192.7 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_5113.webp
    IMG_5113.webp
    174.8 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_5114.webp
    IMG_5114.webp
    160.6 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_5109.webp
    IMG_5109.webp
    516.7 KB · Views: 621
Upvote 0
I like it. :icon_thumright: Is it a hatpin or a collar stud?
 
mainer said:
I like it. :icon_thumright: Is it a hatpin or a collar stud?

It is large , so I thought hatpin .
Glen
 
Im sure your right. Was just a question I had. Will look good in your display case. :icon_thumright:
 
Definitely a WWII and later enlisted cap insignia. I have one exactly like it on my blues and greens hats.
 
RFrady said:
Definitely a WWII and later enlisted cap insignia. I have one exactly like it on my blues and greens hats.

Great !! Thanks for the info
Glen
 
pl8man, you are slowly becoming my hero. you find the coolest stuff. :notworthy:
 
What's up with the William Harrison medallion? I'd love to find one of those! Very nice.
 
I agree...I have never found one of those presidential medals. Those are really cool.
 
The Harrison " medallion " is a dollar coin Isn't it. Made gold colored but the color doesn't hold up good in the ground.
 
favored papa said:
The Harrison " medallion " is a dollar coin Isn't it.
Yes it is a dollar coin . They clean up great in the tumbler ;D.
Glen
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom