What's new

Found a older Whites 6000 Di Pro SL

pappastratos

Greenie
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
17
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beach !
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Found a older White's 6000 Di Pro SL

Found a older White's 6000 Di Pro SL at a pawn shop for good price, good, bad ??,,currently have a Fisher 1225X, believe it or not I do like the 1225x, good move to buy ? sell the fisher ?
 
Re: Found a older White's 6000 Di Pro SL

i just got one at yard sale for $15, though it was actually an estate item, that had belonged to the woman's deceased father. I had to buy a new battery case for it, since it came with a caput Nicad.

I'm a neophyte, pretty much, but it seems to work brilliantly for me, right from the gitgo. I found this nice Chinese coin on my first search. I'm fascinated by how accurate the readings that I've dug up on have been.

It's heavy, though. I don't know if newer ones are lighter, but I would have to think that they are.
 

Attachments

  • buddha-obverse.webp
    buddha-obverse.webp
    50.1 KB · Views: 715
  • buddha-obverse.webp
    buddha-obverse.webp
    50.1 KB · Views: 541
Re: Found a older White's 6000 Di Pro SL

they are as good as the digitals we have today just analog

White's 6000 Di Pro SL for $15 is a good price :) want to triple your money :wink:

I have a 5900 Di Pro that I got in a thrift shop and it is a fine machine

you guys will find treasure with them :thumbsup:
 
Re: Found a older White's 6000 Di Pro SL

They really are fine machines and will do you good. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Found a older White's 6000 Di Pro SL

not sure about the whites......but your avatar is hot!
 
Re: Found a older White's 6000 Di Pro SL

I would go for it. I have been using the DI 6000's ever since I got into this hobby 12 years ago. I'm on my 3rd one - not that they die... I just give them to others that eventually become family (son-in-law) or good friends. It is an analog instrument and has found lots of goodies over the years. Max depth int his PA soil is about 9". It is my primary "relic" 'tector. I don't like it for the beach, since it gives me too many false signals when I get near the wet sand (I use my Minelab for the beach). I use only Duracell "C" batteries for this and get about 12 hours of detecting time with a fresh set. But that is using headphones only, as using the internal speaker will drain the batteries quicker. The original 2 rechargable battery packs died years ago, and you can still get standard drop in packs for this unit. And go easy on the discrimination, so you don't miss out on the small pieces of jewelry. Above all, as with any detector, learn how to use the detector to the max to get the max out of it. Learn to listen how it "talks" to you and it will reward you generously!
Good Luck! - JHinPA :thumbsup:
 
Re: Found a older White's 6000 Di Pro SL

Ahhh. In the opinion of many the 6000 Di Pro SL is one of the best if not the best coin-shooter White's ever made.
 
Re: Found a older White's 6000 Di Pro SL

Good price??? What are they asking?

It's a great machine...see em going on ebay for around 150-200. And older machine but I still use mine too.

If you can pick it up cheaper that 150...I think you're getting a pretty good deal.

Al
 
Re: Found a older White's 6000 Di Pro SL

My father put together an incredible collection over 15 years with his Whites 6000D series detector! I can assure you that you have a unit that will kick some butt in the field! It's gonna be a little heavy compared to the new ones, but it will certainly bring you some nice finds! Good luck with it! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom