What's new

Found a pipe!!

digordie

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2012
Messages
361
Reaction score
125
Golden Thread
0
Anyone know of this is a modern pipe or a trade/ historic pipe?
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20121213_115110.webp
    ForumRunner_20121213_115110.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 123
  • ForumRunner_20121213_115121.webp
    ForumRunner_20121213_115121.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 137
  • ForumRunner_20121213_115132.webp
    ForumRunner_20121213_115132.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0
It it is made out of wood I would have to say it is modern. The way it looks it looks like it is wood. If it is stone this is definitely a Indian pipe. I do not see the porcelain or ceramic or clay used back in historic times. Wood would have been used in modern times without being decayed and if stone well it is of Native American origin.........GTP(Chris)
 
From what I see that looks like a soapstone (steatite) pipe. If it is its a beautiful specimen and a GREAT find. That is native American and on the top of my list of things yet to find. I'm going with soapstone... congrats!!!!
 
Last edited:
Bad news guys. I just dug into it a bit and it does appear to be wood.:(
 
Ahhh... I hate when that happens.
 
Man the shape looked modern but it looked like stone. Dang put it on e-bay.
 
HA!!!.......lol......where is the like button!!! I need to like my replies!!!!.......................:dontknow::laughing7:.................
 
Like.. ha yup
 
Think the woodies are called Briars...

Some were made from burl wood...

think thats what you have...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom