What's new

Found a point while detecting... I think

chrisdigs

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2015
Messages
250
Reaction score
309
Golden Thread
0
Location
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,Garrett AT Pro,Garrett At MAX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this while metal detecting my back yard I think it may be a point but not sure what do you guys think? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449167789.190107.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449167966.094647.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449167981.163546.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449167994.565329.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a point broke in half. Nice find, especially in your yard:thumbsup:
 
Broken tip, could be a knife or spear point, too big to be an arrowhead...
 
Yep, better get digging more!!
 
Found this in southern middle Tennessee , thanks for the info guys, good luck to you all
 
Material is either dober or Ft. payne chert. There are different qualities and variations of this material. One can never really tell what type of a point it is from a tip, you can always speculate a little though...i hope you come up with the base!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom