What's new

Found a rare one

trapperart

Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
16,165
Reaction score
13,042
Golden Thread
2
Location
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out this morning after showers last night. Had to do electrolysis on the coppers to see what I had. Turns out I got a good one. I think the other may be a state copper but not sure. Good luck to all. Art
 

Attachments

  • _20161201_155318.webp
    _20161201_155318.webp
    213.1 KB · Views: 192
  • _20161201_155250.webp
    _20161201_155250.webp
    204.2 KB · Views: 185
  • _20161201_151047.webp
    _20161201_151047.webp
    415.2 KB · Views: 187
  • _20161201_151014.webp
    _20161201_151014.webp
    399.6 KB · Views: 180
  • _20161201_150331.webp
    _20161201_150331.webp
    246.1 KB · Views: 236
  • _20161201_155359.webp
    _20161201_155359.webp
    148.9 KB · Views: 181
  • _20161201_155427.webp
    _20161201_155427.webp
    188.7 KB · Views: 191
Upvote 76
Awesome score Art, I do not see you get excited often, hope you were today. Congrats on the rare find. :occasion14:
 
That is one nice coin recovery! :occasion14:

You are killing it with the coins and relics! :notworthy:
 
Congrats for the Montrose, a piece of history. :thumbsup:
 
[Whistle].......225+ year old halfpenny!! Nice goin', art!!
 
Damm Art, that's sweet, I like that allot.
 
Sweet day!! Glad somebody from Maryland is keeping the finds coming.
 
That's the first coin, or token, that I've ever seen....
with A LUNATIC HOSPITAL on it!

Great find!
 
Very neat! Never seen one of these posted before! :headbang:
 
Way to go. You find the most interesting stuff.
 
Very nice Art. I like the way it turned out after cleaning.
 
Art--what a great find!! Strange coin indeed, but a wonderful, rare relic! Hope that other copper can be cleaned up a bit--looking forward to seeing what that one is! Congrats. -Lisa & John
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom