What's new

Found a Rolex?

GL

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
1,601
Reaction score
57
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Central, NC
Oyster Perpetual Datejust ladies watch. Two tone stainless and gold. Doesn't run. It was in a box of random settings, unfinished repairs and projects and scrap silver/gold I got from a deceased jewelers daughter. It had a small tag that read HOLD FOR PAYMENT on it.
Looks like the one I found online but...really? A Rolex? Yeah right...
rolex1.jpg
 
Lucas said:
Says Swiss made, not T Swiss made T, and is above the tics, not below.
That just means it is 1998 or later when they stopped using tritium.
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Or he just prefers a real one. :wink:

As for the three you posted, Panerai and IWC have really grown on me since the first time I seen them, at least a few of there models anyway. Vacheron probably isn't sporty enough for my taste. Most people who are into watches aren't into gold watches simply because of taste, but they increase the price so much it really isn't worth it unless it's a must have.
LOL! I don't really like the IWC or Vacherons personally, and the Panerais are growing on me but I am so turned off by their popularity with celebrities. Actually I would like to get a Rolex Milgauss. There are some really cool ones. I saw one PVD'd with a white face and NATO band that was really unique. Oh, and it may satisfy you on your "small watch" aversion to Rolex. Just found a pic:
Black-Rolex-Milgauss.jpg
 
Upvote 0
DialM said:
Iron Patch said:
Or he just prefers a real one. :wink:

As for the three you posted, Panerai and IWC have really grown on me since the first time I seen them, at least a few of there models anyway. Vacheron probably isn't sporty enough for my taste. Most people who are into watches aren't into gold watches simply because of taste, but they increase the price so much it really isn't worth it unless it's a must have.
LOL! I don't really like the IWC or Vacherons personally, and the Panerais are growing on me but I am so turned off by their popularity with celebrities. Actually I would like to get a Rolex Milgauss. There are some really cool ones. I saw one PVD'd with a white face and NATO band that was really unique. Oh, and it may satisfy you on your "small watch" aversion to Rolex. Just found a pic:
Black-Rolex-Milgauss.jpg


Yep, we have VERY different taste. If I was going to take a step up right now it would be to this, but I'd have to trade what I got which I'm not willing to do, and to pay all cash is definitely out of the question.


PS... Since it's not your watch I don't feel bad in saying I think that Rolex is one ugly watch! ;D You are very welcome to say that about my pic, because it ain't mine either. (but in the next year or two maybe) :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • Bentley675.webp
    Bentley675.webp
    157 KB · Views: 291
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Yep, we have VERY different taste. If I was going to take a step up right now it would be to this, but I'd have to trade what I got which I'm not willing to do, and to pay all cash is definitely out of the question.


PS... Since it's not your watch I don't feel bad in saying I think that Rolex is one ugly watch! ;D You are very welcome to say that about my pic, because it ain't mine either. (but in the next year or two maybe) :thumbsup:
Nahh, that Breitling is a beautiful piece.

edit: Hey! You are in luck, there is one on buy.com for only 99k, so perhaps you should jump on it while the getting is good! :headbang: It has a few more complications, but hey, it's your money. :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
What about this be-jewelled baby! :tongue3:
A few Baht at a Bangkok market.
IMG_0619 (Medium).webp
 
Upvote 0
DialM said:
Iron Patch said:
Yep, we have VERY different taste. If I was going to take a step up right now it would be to this, but I'd have to trade what I got which I'm not willing to do, and to pay all cash is definitely out of the question.


PS... Since it's not your watch I don't feel bad in saying I think that Rolex is one ugly watch! ;D You are very welcome to say that about my pic, because it ain't mine either. (but in the next year or two maybe) :thumbsup:
Nahh, that Breitling is a beautiful piece.

edit: Hey! You are in luck, there is one on buy.com for only 99k, so perhaps you should jump on it while the getting is good! :headbang: It has a few more complications, but hey, it's your money. :tongue3:


Great. Once I finish paying off my credit card bill I'll start saving! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom