What's new

Found a rust removal method on Youtube

PChammer

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
337
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
I found this while trying to remove rust from an old shoe horn...



While it applies to auto parts, hey, may work for some antiques and take a lot less to do so.


Paul
 
Yes, it's called electrolysis! ;D

There's also an old coin cleaning method using washing soda but every time I see it posted on here people are using baking soda!
 
i use iodized salt

& Hydrogen ? LOL I do it right here at my desk
of course I Use a Cell phone charger
 
Iron Patch said:
Yes, it's called electrolysis! ;D
So that's electrolysis! I had no idea :o

There's also an old coin cleaning method using washing soda but every time I see it posted on here people are using baking soda!
LOL. There is quite a difference and the alkaline level is much higher. I think we have washing soda at our store and will pick some up. I also have a battery charger ;D I found baking soda with vinegar will mess up coins very badly or can and honestly any time I've tried baking soda for any cleaning, it hasn't done a very good job.

Paul
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom