Found a tiny silver bracelet

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Very cool!!! It almost looks like a "rosary bracelet, with ten hearts representing the "decades" of the rosary, and the lone single heart representing the "Our Fathers".

I don't think you "broke" it... I think that the single heart and small chain should probably attach to the clasp.

Great find!!!!

Beetle

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Neat find!

And the quality of that photo is quite impressive too. What type of dig. camera do you have??

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice find!

I always worry about digging chains, though I've never broken one. On the beaches it could be pretty easy to cut through a thin gold chain in packed sand with the scoop. (As if I ever find thin gold chains!) Digging carefully is always a good habit to be in-- I've also heard of people putting nasty scratches on otherwise nice gold coins :( when getting them out of the ground.

Not sure how to tell if your chain was damaged or not-- was the clasp closed around the fragment when you found it? It might have been broken when it was lost. I have a nice gold bracelet where the gold had just worn through over the years it was worn, and broke the link. The clasp was still closed so I found it in one piece.

One other observation: I wouldn't expect to find a Rosary at a Baptist church.

G

geatley

Nice Find! Have found several cheap braclets but all broken.

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
lab rat...
Niether would I. Just an observation on my part since that is what it really looks like to me. Of course, there could be many reasons one way or the other, too numerous to mention. But either way, it's a very cool find!

beetle662

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread