What's new

Found an 1831 Great Britain Farthing

kestrelia

Hero Member
Joined
May 9, 2007
Messages
587
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Last night I found one of best coins yet. In a hand roll of nickels I found an 1831 Great Britain Farthing. It is now the oldest coin I've found. It's in nice condition, too. Its diameter is slightly greater than a nickel and it is not quite as thick. I did not find any other good coins in the batch I searched last night. I'm quite certain I got all of the person's rolls, too. No complaining, however. Good Luck! .
 

Attachments

  • 1831_british_penny-38.webp
    1831_british_penny-38.webp
    81.5 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0
Re: Found an 1831 Great Britain Half Penny

love it :thumbsup:....that sure is a golden oldie
 
Re: Found an 1831 Great Britain Half Penny

That's awesome! WTG :thumbsup:
 
Re: Found an 1831 Great Britain Half Penny

Great old find. Congrats.

Golden Silver
 
Re: Found an 1831 Great Britain Half Penny

Could that coin be an overstrike? A 7 over 3? Or a 7 over 5?
 
Re: Found an 1831 Great Britain Half Penny

that's a nice find
 
Re: Found an 1831 Great Britain Half Penny

Great find Brian! Congrats on a new oldest, always a thrill going further back in time.

Check the diameter of that baby, you might have a farthing (22mm). Half pennies are 28mm.
 
Re: Found an 1831 Great Britain Half Penny

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: Found an 1831 Great Britain Half Penny

I stand corrected ... it is a Farthing. thanks!
 
kestrelia said:
I stand corrected ... it is a Farthing. thanks!

:thumbsup:

Love the Henry & Meg video!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom