Found Another Awesome Permission With Potential

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been eyeing a house in town that is on the 1874 map for a while now. The owner is a snowbird who spends most of the year in Florida. Well today as I drove by on my way to work, I spotted her in the front yard setting up for a yard sale. I did a quick U turn about 50 yards past the house and pulled into her driveway. As I was looking at the items she had for sale I asked if she had a printer drawer for sale. Sure enough she did. It was still marked as $45 from when she used to own a retail store, but the yard sale price was $20.00. Before I could began to haggle she said she'd take $15. :thumbsup: (I must look like a cheap B@st@rd). :dontknow: I paid her and we began to talk about the house and the local history (she said the house was built in 1854). A few minutes into the conversation I told her I was involved in the hobby of metal detecting :metaldetector: and was planning on using the drawer to display some of my neater finds. We talked about some of my recent finds and she said she see's people on the beaches all summer metal detecting. Her daughter came out and joined the conversation and began to elaborate about the jewelry her friends have found on the beaches. I asked the owner if she'd mind if I detected her property someday after the yard sale has ended. She said sure, as long as you don't dig holes. :BangHead: I immediately knelt down and described how I cut a plug using my finger as the lesche and told her that with the proper method you would not know where I pulled a plug to uncover a find. Her daughter backed me up and the owner then said okay, :occasion14: but I get all of the jewelry you find. :treasurechest: I commented that was a fair request. I love a nice "to the point negotiation".

Below is a pick of the printer's drawer with some of my not so cleaned finds and a picture of the house.

20150617_183914.jpg

1854 house.jpg

Hope it provides as many old coins as my last historic brick home. It was a good stop. Got me a printer's drawer for a great price and a very promising permission :headbang:

Don't ya just love this hobby?

Upvote 25
OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now I need to dig out last year's relics and finish cleaning some of this years goodies so I can get the display finished. It's just the decoration the garage needs to make it snap... :laughing7: The property is half the size of the last brick house, so it might take a few week nights and a weekend to cover in 2 directions. I think I will use Boost process for both passes.

The house next door to the South is another old one, I hope their curious as to what I am finding and offer up their property to me and Martha (The name I gave the detector).

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I very much look forward to your posts. The picture of the house alone has me drooling. Kill it!

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm hoping you'll have some great finds there, Sarge! :occasion14:

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll have to admit that you are a much-bolder person than I am about posting my spots. I have a few old places (if I ever get my butt out of the shop and start swinging), but I would never post a pic. Someone - some unscrupulous someone - is bound to know where it is and show up there. OPSEC, bro.

Wait... am I paranoid? :icon_scratch:

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't forget to give her a couple of business cards when you leave so she can give them to her friends as she tells them the story about the jewelry that was found in her yard. One permission will quickly turn into five of six. Nice job and good luck.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an AWEOME looking property! Great score on your printer's drawer! Win/win!

So I'm not the only one, Higgy.

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is an AWEOME looking property! Great score on your printer's drawer! Win/win!

So I'm not the only one, Higgy.

When I first started here, my first really awesome looking permission made me so delirious with joy that I posted a pic of it. It had a little something in the front yard that made it instantly identifiable. I'll be darned if some guy didn't say " Hey, I know that place. I used to hunt arrowheads just up the road from there." I knew he recognized it because people have hunted arrowheads just up the road for decades lol. I ended up removing the pic. Now parts of the thread make no sense without the pic.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I first started here, my first really awesome looking permission made me so delirious with joy that I posted a pic of it. It had a little something in the front yard that made it instantly identifiable. I'll be darned if some guy didn't say " Hey, I know that place. I used to hunt arrowheads just up the road from there." I knew he recognized it because people have hunted arrowheads just up the road for decades lol. I ended up removing the pic. Now parts of the thread make no sense without the pic.

Isn't it strange how we crave each other's approval, but we are so guarded about certain things? That's part of the mystique of this fabulous hobby I guess.

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking spot, looking forward to seeing some nice stuff dug there!

Steve

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't know you were addicted this bad!!! lol... Awesome job promoting MD'ing and I enjoyed the pics of your finds!!!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Printer tray. Been callin them bead drawers.l.o.l.. I learned something...

Great job on the permission.
Neat historic house.
Hi-ho Silver!

I also was wondering what a "Printer Drawer" was. & What are the odd's of her actually having one.
Seems like the "threads of Fate" are coming together for Loco-Digger to find some Seated , Barber or even Capped Bust Coins.

A beautiful home she has , I can see why she would be worried about holes.
I'm sure L-D will dig some of the Nicest plugs ever seen.:icon_thumleft:

Good luck , if you have not already had some at that site by now.
Davers:thumbsup:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will find something awesome there. I love that display as well. Congrats on the permission

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No sir, not yet, she is still holding a yard sale. May get out their this coming weekend.

Did not read the whole thread before posting.
Still wishing you the best of luck/ Fate at that site.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions