What's new

Found another cuff regimental French turret shank button today.......

Devonrex

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
351
Reaction score
1,263
Golden Thread
4
Location
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Nautilus DMC IIB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This makes 5 cuff and 1 coat regimental buttons in my last 3 outings. I found 4 my last trip out. After cleaning they turned out to 4 number "13's" and 1 number "17". Ofcourse the first one I found was a coat "64". Also found a large ball button, a colonial copper, a brass item what I believe to be a ramrod guide, another broken shoebuckle, and some other miscellaneous brass. I found 1 teardrop bullet another pistol bullet and 10 musketballs. I love finding these Revolutionary War French buttons from 1781. Devonrex
 

Attachments

  • P1160102.webp
    P1160102.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 483
  • P1160100.webp
    P1160100.webp
    54 KB · Views: 557
  • P1160104.webp
    P1160104.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 569
  • P1160106.webp
    P1160106.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 619
  • P1160108.webp
    P1160108.webp
    60.8 KB · Views: 602
  • P1160110.webp
    P1160110.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 645
Upvote 0
Insane :headbang: :headbang: I would love to find buttons like that!!!!!! Banner!!!!! Ya got my vote :notworthy:
 
Those buttons are sweet! Update your post when you get everything cleaned up.
 
All 6 buttons.............

Most I've ever found..... 6 in 3 trips. Devonrex
 

Attachments

  • P1160111.webp
    P1160111.webp
    61.3 KB · Views: 602
Now thats exciting!
 
VERY NICE!

Bourbonnais Infantry Regiment (13th Line Infantry Regiment )
I found one at a Rev War fort site in R.I.
 

Attachments

  • 13threg.webp
    13threg.webp
    4 KB · Views: 745
Incredible! Found this one last October. Measured 23mm. Sold it to Don Troiani. Congrats....................Hogge
 

Attachments

  • DSC00741.webp
    DSC00741.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 884
  • DSC00741.webp
    DSC00741.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 813
Thanks for all the nice responses

I'm glad I found this forum to post all my finds..... Devonrex
 
That's a bunch of those to find at one site - nice going!! I've found a couple in the last year south of the James. Not sure how they found their way over here. Keep up the good work!
 

Attachments

  • rev war regimental btns.webp
    rev war regimental btns.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 468
:icon_scratch:

Why didnt the final tally make banner???
 
WOW!! :o Awesome buttons and finds!! :headbang: Congrats! :thumbsup:
 
Jeez,
your'e finding more in every hole than I've found in 20 years.
huge congrats, and you've got my vote!
keep it up. :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom