monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got off from work this weekend, which is rare, so I made a bee line to one of my hunting lease's. I have been wanting to dig in some clay holes in a creek since last year. Got to the creek and could not stop myself from checking some rock bars first and then I walked to the hole's. The first hole and the first hand full of gravel, this came out. 8-16-14 002.JPG If I had not been on my knees I would have gone down. Have hunted artifacts in my area for over 35 years and never found a Southern Hardin. I don't know about other parts of the USA but you just don't find these that much this far south. It has a good bevel and is just under 3in. 8-16-14 003.JPG 8-16-14 004.JPG 8-16-14 007.JPG I get asked a lot about what type of creeks I hunt and where in the creek do I look. Take a look at where I found this today most people would not even give this a second thought. 8-16-14 005.JPG 8-16-14 006.JPG One thing that blows my mind is that it is still sharp enough to cut you, so that tells me it did not come a long way in the creek.

Upvote 0

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW...hi monsterrack :) That is simply BEAUTIFUL...amazing color, can't remember seeing such a pretty green one....LOVE it...Banner find in my book!

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frikkin beautiful

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I missed this thread somehow. You're right, that is a super tough point type for your parts. Great, great find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions