What's new

Found another item on my bucket list.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2013
Messages
4,429
Reaction score
5,831
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got off from work this weekend, which is rare, so I made a bee line to one of my hunting lease's. I have been wanting to dig in some clay holes in a creek since last year. Got to the creek and could not stop myself from checking some rock bars first and then I walked to the hole's. The first hole and the first hand full of gravel, this came out. 8-16-14 002.webp If I had not been on my knees I would have gone down. Have hunted artifacts in my area for over 35 years and never found a Southern Hardin. I don't know about other parts of the USA but you just don't find these that much this far south. It has a good bevel and is just under 3in.8-16-14 003.webp8-16-14 004.webp8-16-14 007.webp I get asked a lot about what type of creeks I hunt and where in the creek do I look. Take a look at where I found this today most people would not even give this a second thought.8-16-14 005.webp8-16-14 006.webp One thing that blows my mind is that it is still sharp enough to cut you, so that tells me it did not come a long way in the creek.
 
Upvote 0
WOW...hi monsterrack :) That is simply BEAUTIFUL...amazing color, can't remember seeing such a pretty green one....LOVE it...Banner find in my book!
 
Nice find. It sure looks sharp!!!
 
Frikkin beautiful
 
Holy smokes !!!!!!! Super find
 
I missed this thread somehow. You're right, that is a super tough point type for your parts. Great, great find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom