What's new

Found arrowhead

looch1340

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 28, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anybody please tell me how old this is ? IMG_5688.webp Found it on my grandparents farm in Pemberton,NJ when I was 10.
 
Upvote 0
It looks like a Guilford Round Base which is 6,200 - 5,000 years old. The material may be Rhyolite. I see that Pemberton, NJ is just on the outskirts of the northeastern distribution range so it may be another type. Some others will chime in I'll bet. Nice find.

Guilford Round Base Projectile Point

Welcome looch!
 
Welcome looch!

I agree with tdog. Definitely Guilford
 
I actually disagree with Guilford... I hunt Burlington County and find these somewhat non-descript ovoid points at two terminal archaic / woodland sites that I hunt. It's kind of hard to see in the photo if there's a stem or not... it doesn't look like it, hence my calling it ovoid, but if there is... it could be a poplar island point.
 
Wow amazing how old that is amazing score
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom