What's new

Small arrowhead

CHarper

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 21, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Hi everyone,
I’m new to this forum and need some help. Found this little arrowhead in south central Colorado (in Custer county to be exact). Hoping someone can help me identify what kind of point it is?
 

Attachments

  • FullSizeRender.webp
    FullSizeRender.webp
    462.2 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0
"bird point" is a loose term. Small points were also used for large animals too. The small points are the most recent type of points and are true arrow heads as opposed to atlatl points etc.
 
Thank you everyone for your insights! I have found a few items all in the same vicinity… Would have been a great place to set up camp—the saddle of a small mountain overlooking the Wet Mountain valley. Gave one a great view of where the animals were. In that spot I found several obsidian flakes (not a local stone) and a partial knife or spear point. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom