Found at a garage sale, 5.00$

Monkeyboy007

Dec 28, 2006
Southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50 and Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I've been lurking on this forum for about a month now, you guys are AWESOME, Now my wife hates me because I bought a metal detector and don't spend any time at home anymore :) (YOU are to blame!!!!:) , I just bought it 2 days ago, and have found 12 whole cents so far!!!!, I'm gonna post them on the todays finds in a sec.).
I was at a garage sale last weekend and found these things and bought them for 5 dollars, just because they are weird looking, anybody have any ideas?, I figure they are bracelets, but for what?.
pc290044.jpg

pc290047.jpg

pc290048.jpg

pc290049.jpg

Also got these for a buck, no earthly idea, they look like silver, the chain is very fine, total length of pin thingy is about 4 inches.

Thanks again,

Attachments

• bracelet1.jpg
    bracelet1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 634
  • bracelet2.jpg
    bracelet2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 626
  • bracelet.jpg
    bracelet.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 627
  • pins1.JPG
    pins1.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 626
  • pins2.JPG
    pins2.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 600
  • pins3.JPG
    pins3.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 605
  • pins4.JPG
    pins4.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 593

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Monkeyboy007 said:
... Now my wife hates me because I bought a metal detector and don't spend any time at home anymore :)

Welcome to my world... and to treasure net! Don't know about your whatsits yet... but if anyone can help it's these folks (and google...) ::)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Monkeyboy007

Monkeyboy007

Dec 28, 2006
Southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Thank you Ma'am,
I figured if they ain't worth nothin, I could try and talk the wife into wearing them, I bought them cause they looked net, and they have Siam Sterling stamped in the back, I'm pretty old, and I remember that Siam turned into Thailand before I was born, so They have to be older than 45 :).
Thanks again, I love this site.
I looked at a couple of other metal detecting forums but they seemed like they where a little snobby, YA'll just seem to have a good time and any find is a good find, thats the way I feel too, if it's old, and you find it COOOOLLLLLL!!!!

Later,
Clint

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Siam Sterling was still stamping away in the 1980's ...I think they used that term from about 1930 as Thailand produced silver jewelry ,etc for export.... ...tradename

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Monkeyboy007

Monkeyboy007

Dec 28, 2006
Southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Oh, Well,
The better half better start practicing her belly dancing!!!!!!
I can use this as proof that there was still belly dancing going on in 1980 (the year we both graduated high school),
scientific proof cannot be denied ( at least thats the tact I'm going to take to get her to belly dancing class :), I may not make it to the new year, everybody pray for a heathen!!!!).
Thanks again GypsyQueen,
Thats why I like this site, you can get a really honest answer about something, the other treasure hunting sites I looked at, If you havn't found the lost Ark of the Covenant, please do not post!!!
At least that was the impression I got lurking......

Thanks again for the info, I'll wait until morning to tell the wife she's gonna be a belly dancer :))

Clint

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
You are going to fit in well here....we show off our pull tabs and rusty relics and are dang proud of them.....
And your wife will love Belly Dancing

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Monkeyboy007

Monkeyboy007

Dec 28, 2006
Southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
You mean I could have posted my pull tabs too!!!!!!
for the 1980 dime, the 1978 and 1980 penny I found, I pulled up 24 pull tabs, 4 twist tops and 6 rusted bolts (Is that weird that I kept count?, or is that MD Normal?)(I don't trust the discriminator, I dig EVERYTHING!!!!, it's my yard BY GOD, If I want it to look like a foxhole digging training ground, I only answer to a HIGHER authority (my wife).), had to make sure all the holes I dug where covered back up, was told very firmly ( Guys, Don't EVER MARRY A TEACHER, especially a special needs teacher!!!!! :), )

Clint

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Monkeyboy007

Monkeyboy007

Dec 28, 2006
Southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Is that weird??, should I check UNDER the house (OH, OH, OH, I found a dry spot to start on, you are a GENIUS!!!!!!!), Gotta go, I feel dry sand calling

Clint

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teachers are great as wives. Do something wrong, they make you do it over again........LOL.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Monkeyboy007

Monkeyboy007

Dec 28, 2006
Southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
As long as it's FUN!!! stuff, thats O.K., but "Make sure I can't see any of the holes you dig in the front yard" is just kinda outta line!!!!, yeeesh.
Just cause I dug a bunch of 12" deep holes because "my MD said to" is no reason to get upset.....

CLint

Upvote 0

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monkeyboy007 said:
You mean I could have posted my pull tabs too!!!!!!
for the 1980 dime, the 1978 and 1980 penny I found, I pulled up 24 pull tabs, 4 twist tops and 6 rusted bolts (Is that weird that I kept count?, or is that MD Normal?)(I don't trust the discriminator, I dig EVERYTHING!!!!, it's my yard BY GOD, If I want it to look like a foxhole digging training ground, I only answer to a HIGHER authority (my wife).), had to make sure all the holes I dug where covered back up, was told very firmly ( Guys, Don't EVER MARRY A TEACHER, especially a special needs teacher!!!!! :), )

Clint
Welcome to TNET and no it isn't wierd. See this post = http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,62208.0.html.

My brother-in-law's name is Clint. He is a turd. GL with your new machine.

Laater...

Upvote 0

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yo monkey, you better slow your roll!! You said you were pretty old and you graduated in 1980??? I graduated not far behind!! I don't consider myself old. My kids might........

Great finds!!! Any luck on the belly dancing wife yet???

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Monkeyboy007

Monkeyboy007

Dec 28, 2006
Southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Will.dig.for.food
If you are from Buna, or Evadale, I would probably be that turd 8), God I hope this ain't Cecil (My only brother-in-law), if it is, bite me!!!! :D
eatabs.
Just felt old till I found over 2$ today at the football field....
the kids think I am ancient.
the wife ain't going for the belly dancing school, but after some feedback from the Gypsy, I may take it up myself.
Just think of it, they can't discriminate (like my MD), I could claim cultural diversity or something PC thing like that ;D and make a killing as the first male belly dancer!!!!!, I've got the belly, it shakes when I turn....

Clint

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread