Found at old Civil War Camp Site

ClayDigger

May 12, 2010
Germantown, TN
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, Garret ProPointer, DetectorPro UniProbe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These came from a heavily pounded Civil War camp site in Germantown, TN. Not much left at the site but some bricks, but did manage to find an old jar lid with glass insert and what appears to be a pot handle. Any information would be appreciated.
CW Jar Lid.jpgCW Pot Handle.jpg

Upvote 0
The jar top is made of zinc and probably early 1900's Definetly post civil war. the other piece I'm not sure about.

The piece on the right is the handle to a pan or pot,they were usually riveted on,and I have dug them in 1850-ish camps

Kuger,
It is hard to tell from the photo but there are 3 small holes that look like old rivet holes where it would have attached.

kuger said:
The piece on the right is the handle to a pan or pot,they were usually riveted on,and I have dug them in 1850-ish camps

Favored Popa has got it right, it's a stove lid handle off of a wood burning stove. Got one just like it on my old wood burner.

ClayDigger said:
Kuger,
It is hard to tell from the photo but there are 3 small holes that look like old rivet holes where it would have attached.

kuger said:

Right,then its what I thought :thumbsup:Pot or pan handle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back